Industry – Materials
Customer Situation – On -premises SQL Server 2012 analytics infrastructure was due for an upgrade of both software and hardware to ensure continued vendor support and ensure business continuity.
- Replicated hardware infrastructure on Azure IaaS.
- Upgraded databases from SQL Server 2012 to SQL Server 2019.
- Provisioned Azure Synapse Analytics as the destination of all existing workloads to enable a phased transfer of capability.
Products and Services
- SQL Server 2019
- Azure SQL Server VMs
- Azure Synapse Analytics
- Ability to provide business users with improved query performance versus on-premises infrastructure.
- Ability to onboard new IoT-related workloads that were not possible on existing aging infrastructure.
- Freed up IT resources by shifting the onus of business continuity to the Cloud provider.
- Enabled the analytics team to gradually move new and existing workloads to a PaaS platform so they could support the new environment organically.