Industry – Consumer Staples
Customer Situation – The legacy analytics platform built on Oracle database and data engineering products was due for modernization because it was unable to meet the business intelligence demands of the organization – from both a scale and turnaround perspective.
- DSI provisioned an Azure Data Lake to ingest, prepare, transform, enrich, and curate data made available by source systems data providers via Rest API endpoints.
- These data were then warehoused in Azure SQL Managed Instance (SQLMI) in a format conducive to data consumption and virtualization.
Products and Services
- Azure Data Lake
- Azure SQL Managed Instance
- Reduced data duplication and simplified integration for improved data quality and near real-time reporting. This was critical to managing inventory levels.
- Enabled self-service information access via more user-friendly and business-centric table schemas.