Our co-development workshop was built to help individuals quickly grasp Power BI skillsets and bring them in-house. We take functional teams through the analytical lifecycle, leaving internal teams with content that has immediate business value and a foundation on which additional insights can be built. Let us help you unify your data to create interactive, immersive dashboards and reports that drive business results.
Content Creators, Content Consumers and Data Architects
The Level Set (1 Day) Understanding the fundamentals of Power BI
Target Audience: Content Creators and Content Consumers
This is a generic Dashboard in a Day Workshop where one of our expert trainers will walk you through the Power BI Application and its components. You will leave this workshop with an understanding of how to:
- Access Data
- Prepare Data
- Model and Explore Data
- Build Visualizations
- Publish Reports
- Build D ashboards
- Share Dashboards
Build Business-Friendly Data Models (2nd and 3rd day)
Target audience: Data Architects and Content Creators (familiarity with internal data sources)
In this session, one of our experts will walk you through how to build data models from client datasets and represent data to make report development both secure and intuitive. You will leave this session with an understanding of the following:
- Advanced techniques of Power Query to structure and clean up messy data.
- The concept of Denormalization vs Normalization.
- Building Data Model using Star Schema and create the relationship between the datasets.
- The core concept of DAX (e.g., Calculate Function. Filter Context, etc.).
- Building custom calculations needed for the data model using DAX.
Content Creation (4th and 5th day)
Target Audience: Content Creators (anyone wishing to create reports and dashboards)
Leveraging the data models built in the prior step, in this session attendees will build reports pertinent to their functional teams. You will leave this session with an understanding of the following:
- The science behind Data Visualization.
- Building Final Report using advanced features present in Power BI (e.g., Drill through, Custom Tooltip, Bookmarks, and buttons).